If you are considering purchasing a vacuum sealer or even if the thought of a food saver has crossed your mind from time to time, stop the thinking and take action.
I was on the fence on if it was really necessary, but due to the large amount of fish and meat that I process each month, I decided it was time to at least explore the food saver market.
I was skeptical on spending big money on high end vacuum sealers before I knew exactly what I wanted out of it.
This brought me to the V200 series Ziploc Vacuum Sealer system. Hope this review helps you make the best decision for your specific food saver needs!
The Ziploc food saver vacuum sealer system is a pretty basic model when comparing all the different food sealers on the market.
I was looking for something I could open straight out of the box and start packaging my food items. I was trying to keep it inexpensive with my first purchase due to being new to the vacuum sealer game.
This specific food saver fit all those requirements, and for the money seems to be fairly high quality.
The question now is how well does the Ziploc vacuum sealer function?
I was extremely impressed with how easy and straight forward the Ziploc brand vacuum sealer system is.
Straight out of the box, plug it in start sealing to keep your foods fresh.
No assembly required, no long instructional booklet on how to use it, no prep needed.
Here is a list of the Ziploc food saver features as well as a pros/cons list.
Overall, I am pretty impressed with the performance of the product, although it is only the first season using it. I have done hundreds of fish fillets with no major issues thus far.
- Two button system with both the seal and vacuum and seal option.
- Product dimension 16.3 x 3.7 x 6.9 inches Product weight 4.2 lbs.
What I like:
- It is very small and compact, especially when compared to some of the more expensive models. This allows for super easy storage and use in any kitchen. Fits nicely on my pantry shelf.
- Very lightweight which makes it extremely portable and easy to pack.
- This thing is easy to use, literally plug it in and start sealing.
- Very affordable – Retails right around $45.
- I like that it comes with a roll of bags to get you started. Also, replacement bags are easy to find, although a bit expensive.
- Great brand in Ziploc, everyone has heard of Ziploc.
- High performance for the money. Again, if you are looking for an inexpensive option, this thing has really impressed me considering I spent less than $50 on it.
What I don’t like:
- Hard to get a good seal with high moisture foods. We had issues with fish fillets after rinsing and sealing. We had to pat our fillets dry and then seal, problem solved.
- Replacement bags are a little expensive.
I set out looking for an inexpensive food saver system to package foods around the house. I did not need a commercial grade or high dollar item for what I was trying to get out of this thing.
I needed something to process a fairly large amount of fish and wild game throughout the year. This food saver system has really done EVERYTHING I have needed it to do. And it has been SUPER easy to use.
There are a ton of different food saver options on the market, more than I will ever set my hands on. Many range anywhere from $30 all the way up into the $1,000’s.
If you are looking for an inexpensive model to use around the house for your basic food preservation needs, this exact system might be a good fit.
As always, we hope you enjoyed our review.
Check out my demonstration video below for more on how to use the Ziploc Food Saver system.
Thanks for checking out our product review for the Ziploc Vacuum Sealer system! As always, we would love to hear any feedback from you. If you would like to see a specific product review or see us add to our current review, send us an email! Be sure to check out our Instagram, Facebook, and YouTube Channel for the latest from RYG!