Every once in a while, a gem pops up in social media that is too good not to share. Well, this is one of those times…
If you follow Review Your Gear, you know I fish for walleye, A LOT. And with that being said, I’m always looking out for new and interesting recipes for my catch. When I saw the picture of the finished egg roll, I just had to find out more.
The photos and walleye egg rolls recipe came from Shae Tayler Zimmerman. If you have any questions about the recipe, please post in the comments and I will see that they get answered. So enough of me, let’s talk EGG ROLLS!!!
Walleye Egg Roll Recipe Ingredients
- 2 lbs. diced walleye filets
- 1 bag of coleslaw
- 2-3 tablespoons of Tony’s Creole seasoning
- Egg roll wraps
- American cheese slices (other varieties can be substituted)
Directions for Walleye Egg Rolls
- Dice up 2 pounds of walleye filets. Technically, this can work with any fish but we’re using walleye.
- Toss them in 2-3 tbsp of Creole seasoning, then toss that into a bowl with a bag of coleslaw and mix it up evenly.
- Now you’re gonna need some egg roll wraps.
- Add half slice of cheese into an egg roll wrap and throw your fish and coleslaw mixture in the wrap and roll it up.
- Deep fry at 375 for 4-6 minutes and enjoy!