Whether you are the casual weekend warrior or the die hard, hunt for a living hunter, camouflage pants are a must. Everyone needs them, everyone owns a pair, and they make up a vital part of every hunter’s wardrobe. If its one day or a hundred days each year you spend in the field, being comfortable, camouflaged, and having confidence in your gear is important. There are a million options out there as far as camouflage pants go and for that reason we are reviewing the top camo pants options for 2018. Hopefully this will help you make the right decision in purchasing your next camo pants.
Sitka Gear Grinder Camo Hunting Pants
Sitka has put itself at the top of the industry when talking comfortable and dependable hunting gear. The Grinder Pant hits all the needs of a hunter, regardless of the season or game of choice. The thing that stands out most to me is the extreme comfort these camo hunting pants offer. The polyester stretch weave adds mobility and flexibility. The vents are easily left open on those hot early season days that seem to drag out a little too long, but they are warm and comfortable enough to wear as layering under your waders later in the season when temperatures drop. The angled pockets are a nice touch providing easy front pocket access. Really a solid all around camouflage pants option by Sitka Gear.
- These are the most comfortable hunting pants I have ever worn and it is not even close.
- Breathable, lightweight, and water resistant.
- Available in Optifade waterfowl, Optifade Timber, Mud, and Dirt, there is a camo pattern for any situation.
- The vents make early season comfortable when the temperature rises.
- Cost, and I say this tentatively due to how great of a product it really is. Ranging anywhere from $120-190 depending on size and camo pattern, they are a bit on the pricey side. This is a product that saves money more long term rather than short term.
Sitka Gear Delta Hunting Pants
This product is really an incredible do-it-all hunting pants option. The GORE-TEX laminate shell provides 100% waterproofing which is important regardless of the type of hunting you are doing. The polyester stretch woven fabric provides mobility and comfort that is unmatched. The full zip sides and removable suspender belt take these camo hunting pants over the top, allowing them to be worn over additional layers for additional warmth late season or if you just need the additional waterproofing when the hunt calls for it. Front zip pockets offer plenty of space and security while in the field and the elastic cuffs on the ankles keep them snug and prevent additional wear and tear.
- 100% waterproof GORE-TEX laminate shell
- Full side zips, and removable suspenders
- The comfort and durability are really unmatched here.
- Would like to see more camo options.
- They aren’t cheap!
Badlands Hybrid Camo Pants
Badlands really knocked it out of the park with this pair of camo hunting pants. These pants are aimed at providing durability, warmth, as well as scent masking ability. The softshell exterior is reinforced with keprotec kevlar in high stress areas, such as the knees, giving these pants impressive durability. The hex-fleece interior allows for increased body heat retention, providing exceptional warmth. Each leg is equipped with thigh high zippers that allow you to get in and out of your camouflage easily, with our without boots on. And here is something you don’t hear every day. These camo pants are infused with lava rock and coffee to help mask your scent when you are in the field.
- The warranty is exceptional! Badlands offers a no questions asked, all products fully covered policy and I am a big fan of that.
- These pants offer above average durability, specifically the reinforced knees.
- I like the body heat retention technology as the pants seem to hold heat well.
- Thigh high zippers are nice, allowing for incredible ease when getting dressed, even if you leave your boots on.
- They are expensive.
- They are also not a good option if you are looking for lighter weight early season camo hunting pants options.
Arctic Shield Quiet Tech Camouflage Pants
The Quiet Tech camouflage hunting pants by Arctic Shield are more of your traditional hunting pant, aimed at keeping the hunter warm and comfortable while remaining quiet in the field. Equipped with a polyester lining and Arctic Shield heat retention technology, these pants do a wonderful job of keeping the hunter warm when the temperature drops. The polyester shell helps keep these hunting pants windproof yet breathable, as well as provide protection against moisture. Two hand warmer pockets on the front of the pant offer not only storage space, but also somewhere to warm your hands. Each pant leg is equipped with a zipper to allow for easy removal of boots.
- Pros: This is a very warm, yet lightweight pair of hunting pants!
- Above average ability to retain body heat.
- Easily removed and allows for easy removal of boots with the zippered pant legs.
- Tend to get a little warm and sweat with a whole lot of activity.
Mossy Oak Camouflage Pants
If you are looking for a less expensive camouflage pants option than the first two reviews, this might be your best option. Mossy Oak is known for their hunting gear and more specifically their camouflage clothing, and this is an exceptional piece for the price. The 100% Polyester Outer Shell is lined with an inner micro fleece layer providing exceptional comfort. With two front hand pockets, two zippered cargo leg pockets as well as two zippered back pockets there is plenty of pocket space. Reinforced belt loops, partial elastic waist band and a zippered fly and button closure, these pants of a high level of comfort and rang of motion, important in any camo hunting pants.
- They are fairly warm
- Quiet material in the field
- Fleece liner makes them very comfortable.
- Available at a pretty good price when compared to other camo hunting pants
- They are not as durable as the more expensive options reviewed above.
- The front pockets are a bit shallow.
- The material is soft and definitely not waterproof. Good pant for the right scenario.
The ScentLok TakTix camouflage pants are designed specifically for the big game hunter when scent concealment is a concern. The ScentLok carbon alloy technology specializes in scent absorption, allowing hunters the ability to stay undetected in the field. The NeverWet hydrophobic coating specializes in repelling water, blood, and other liquids you may encounter in the field, keeping you clean and dry. A micro fleece inner lining provides added warmth and built in comfort. These hunting pants feature 8 pockets for plenty of pocket room, as well as a 18″ leg zipper for easy access and removal of boots.
- Very comfortable and quiet pant.
- I like all the pockets and the 18″ leg zipper for easy removal of boots.
- The scent absorption technology is really second to none.
- A little on the pricey side, but that is to be expected with the scent proofing technology.
Rocky Silent Hunter Camouflage Pants
If you are looking for super comfortable and lightweight early season camouflage pants when the temperature is warm, this might be your best option. They are 100% polyester, micro-denier fibers, making this one of the most lightweight and quiet camouflage pants option on the market. Rocky has also made this specific pant scent proof to cater to the big game hunters. The sued fabric makes these one of the mist silent camouflage pants options on the market.. Adjustable elastic leg openings, a comfort stretch waistband, and two zippered cargo pockets all make this a really nice set of hunting pants.
- These pants are incredibly lightweight making them a great early season option when the temperatures are warm.
- This is one of the quietest pair of camouflage hunting pants on the market, making them idea for sneaking through the woods.
- Front zippered pockets keep objects secure, but easily accessible.
- The lightweight and thin material makes these incredible comfortable as well.
- If you are looking for a warmer or thicker pair of camouflage hunting pants, these may not be your best option.
Wildfowler Camo Hunting Pants
Here is a pair of camouflage pants by Wildfowler Outfitters that give hunters a lot of quality features at a fair and affordable price. These hunting pants are breathable, waterproof, and very relaxed fit, allowing hunters to wear them over existing layers when the situation calls for it. They offer a pant leg zipper and buttons for easy removal of boots. Wildfowler also offers many different camouflage pants options making this a great camo pants option for a variety of hunters.
- These pants are very comfortable and roomy, allowing hunters to wear them over existing layers.
- Above average waterproofing ability.
- Pant leg zipper is a nice touch allowing for easy removal of hunting boots.
- Lots of camouflage patterns available making these a good hunting pants option regardless of the game being pursued.
- Price appears fair and affordable.
- Take these for what they are. They are a quality pant to be worn over existing layers for added waterproofing or camouflage. They are not meant to be your only layer in the field.
- Quality is good, but not as good as some of the more expensive products.
There you have it! We reviewed 8 of the top camouflage pants options available in 2018. If you would like to see us add a product or have any feedback, comment below or shoot us an email! We would love to hear from you! Also be sure to check out our Turkey hunting vest review. Happy hunting!