Choosing The Best Fishing Tackle Bag
In my opinion, aside from your fishing rod and fishing reel, the purchase of your first fishing tackle bag or tackle box would qualify as next most important task on the list of fishing basics. And if you have been fishing for any time at all, you know that fishing lures accumulate at a high rate, often times overcrowding fishing bag or tackle box. Your fishing bag or tackle box is going to be your personal safe, full of your latest treasures. At the age of 30 years old, I still find myself collecting, organizing, and admiring my trays of lures I have collected over the years. Every fisherman or fisherwoman still has fond memories of their first tackle box or tackle bag, I can guarantee that. With all the different options available, purchasing the best fishing tackle bag can be difficult. Let us take a look at what makes a bag “the best” fishing tackle bag we could find. We focus in on these following traits when reviewing each bag.
- Price vs. Quality
- Storage/Pocket space
- Carrying ability and comfort
Spiderwire Wolf Fishing Tackle Bag
The Wolf Fishing Tackle Bag by Spiderwire is pretty impressive for a lot of reasons. If you are looking for the best fishing bag available in 2019, this bag has to be at or near the top of your list. Spiderwire is a trusted name in the fishing industry for good reason. With a lifetime warranty straight from the manufacturer, how can you go wrong? On top of that, this bag offers plenty of storage space with room for 4 tackle trays, has an insane amount of pockets for additional storage, and is made of a very durable and waterproof product. And the price for what you get is outstanding.
- Holds 4 tackle trays which are included
- Polyester material with PVC backing, waterproof
- 15.75 x 10.8 x 8.2″
- Two front pockets and 2 side zipper pockets
- Lifetime Warranty from manufacturer
- Hard bottom eliminates sagging.
- 4 Large trays included
- Plenty of pocket space
- Trusted brand
- PRICED at only $50
- Lifetime Warranty!
- Tray quality is not that great, but are easily replaced.
- Buttons tend to rust over time if frequently wet.
“Best Tackle Bag on a Budget”
Plano Weekend Series 3500 Fishing Tackle Bag
The Plano Weekend Series tackle bag would be my top fishing tackle bag choice if you were looking to spend as little money as possible and still walk away with a good quality fishing bag. I actually really like this bag for a handful of reasons. It offers a fair amount of storage space for it’s size with room for 4 tackle trays. It is loaded down with zipper pockets on both ends as well as the front of the bag. Equipped with a carrying strap and multiple d-links for accessory attachment, this bag covers all the fishing essentials. The bag retails for less than $20.
- Dimensions: 12 x 7 x 6″; 1.8 lbs.
- Room for 4 tackle trays (Include 2 – 3500 series trays)
- 3 zipper pouches and 3 mesh pockets for extra storage
- Carrying strap
- Awesome value – priced at $20.
- Extra zipper and mesh pockets for easy storage/access
- Better options if willing to spend extra money.
- Not the biggest bag.
“Editors Big Bag Choice”
OkeeChobee Fats Fishing Bag
This past year we made the realization that we needed a bigger tackle bag for the boat. We spend a lot of time trolling for walleyes on the upper Missouri River system lakes and often times spend too much time sorting through the boat looking for all of our crankbait trays. They are frequently scattered about the boat. Lets face it, if you fish regularly, chances are you have a large assortment of fishing tackle. This shifted our attention to a tackle bag that was capable of storing a ton of gear. If you are also looking for a bag to holds more than your standard 3-4 fishing tackle trays, check out the OkeeChobee Fats tackle bag. This thing is loaded down with awesome features. Constructed from a very durable, water resistant polyester material, keeping your gear safe and dry. Pockets…..oh the pockets. Equipped with three big external zipper pockets, two external vented zipper pockets, one internal pocket on the top flap, 4 external elastic accessory loops, two external tool holders, and a hard shell, zippered, external sunglasses case; this thing is fully loaded. Retailing right at $50 and this is one of the best fishing tackle bags, if you are in the market for a large sized tackle bag that is. Slap a lifetime warranty from the manufacturer and it would be a no brainer…..oh wait, they did!
- Water resistant, polyester material
- Large main storage compartment (Holds 8 tackle trays)
- Neopreme wrapped handle
- 2 large zippered side pockets
- 1 large front zippered pocket
- 2 external vented pockets, 1 internal pocket
- 4 elastic accessory loops, 2 external tool holders
- External hard shell sunglasses storage case
- Dimensions: 16.4 x 13.9 x 10.2″ ; 6.8lbs
- 4 tackle trays included – 13.5 x 8.4 x 1.8″
- Lifetime manufacturer’s warranty
- TONS of storage space
- Lots of extras
- I really like the hardshell sunglasses compartment
- 4 tackle trays included with room for 8
- Only “negative” thing we can say about this bag is that this thing is BIG. If you are not wanting a large bag this will not be your best option. *Pay attention to product dimensions*
Shimano Borona Tackle Bag
This thing is sweet! And if it weren’t for the price tag, this would probably be our pick for best fishing tackle bag of 2019. As usual, Shimano knocks it out of the park with this bag. With room for 3 removable trays as well as a boatload of pockets and storage space, this thing can haul just about anything. And it isn’t what we would consider bulky either, so it hides its size well.
- 2-way zippered pockets of easy access
- (3) Removable tackle trays
- Medium and Large sizes available
- Medium Dimensions : 16.5 x 9.8 x 9 inches ; 5.85 pounds
- Large Dimensions : 17.4 x 13.3 x 10.8 inches ; 8.5 pounds
- Front and side pockets, as well as storage on top.
- Plenty of pockets and storage space
- Very durable material
- Top brand, well trusted
- 2 sizes available to fit your needs
- Carrying strap
- It’s expensive!
- Does not have tote carrying handles, only the strap.
Abu Garcia Veritas Tackle Bag
This is another fishing tackle bag that makes a good case for being at the top of our list. Abu Garcia is a well known name across the fishing community and their take on a fishing bag deserves some praise. This thing comes with 4 tackle trays, is loaded down with pockets and storage space, and even has built in holders for different tools. Tagged with a solid price tag and a lifetime warranty from the manufacturer and you really have one of the best fishing tackle bags available.
- Soft sided bag with molded non-slip bottom
- 8.1 x 14.6 x 10.7″
- Weight: 2.25 pounds
- (4) tackle trays included – Dimensions: 13.5 x 8.4 x 1.8″
- Adjustable shoulder strap and carrying handle on top.
- Tool holders built in on back of bag
- Zippered pockets in front and sides, back mesh pocket
- Above average space
- Trusted brand backed by a Lifetime Warranty
- Comes with (4) Tackle Trays
- External tool holders
- White material – shows stains/dirt
Hope you enjoyed our review of some of the best fishing bag options available in 2019. As always, we would love to hear any feedback from you. If you would like to see a specific product reviewed or see us add to our current review, send us an email! Also, be sure to check out our Instagram, Facebook, and YouTube Channel for the latest from RYG! Good luck on your fishing journey, be sure to take lots of pictures and let us know how you are doing!